Instructions for Dropbox:
0. Go to your Dropbox settings and make sure you select DO NOT limit upload and download rate from the Bandwidth tab.
1. Run the TR desktop application and set-up the iPhone sync method (under Options/Preferences - Miscellaneous screen, iPhone sync tab) to be Dropbox and browse to the root Dropbox folder on your computer. Whenever you sync, you need to have the desktop application running. It does not have to be at the same location as your iPhone.
2. On iPhone, on the sync screen, choose Dropbox. Enter your Dropbox account details and press the Link or Done button.
3. On iPhone sync screen, press the Sync Data button. This will start the sync. Updates and new Thoughts are sent to the desktop application (through a file called syncup.txt).
4. There is no need to press any button on the desktop. The desktop application is checking for that first sync file automatically. It will apply the changes to your data file, then actions, topics and contexts are sent back to the iPhone (through a file called syncdown.txt).
5. The iPhone application loads the new data and the sync is completed.
- not to have two desktop applications running at the same time;
- if you are using multiple data files, the desktop application gives you a warning if the data file on the iPhone is different than the one on the desktop. In that case, user has to accept the warning on the desktop for the sync to continue.