ThinkingRock 2.2.1 Release Notes
We have done extensive testing but to be safe, MAKE A BACKUP of your current data file (function Save To under the File menu) and make a copy of your ReviewActions.xml file.
In summary, this version consists of:
- internationalisation of TR: English American and French versions available. Spanish, German and Dutch versions coming soon, pending review from translators. The reports are NOT translated yet;
- email retrieval into thoughts: a manual option was part of the members only modules. We have added automatic retrieval at start-up and at regular interval;
- layout improvement on Process Thoughts screen, Project panel and Action panel;
- improvement and bug fixes for the iCal functionality;
- bug fix on delegated email regarding non-English and special characters;
- default status setting when processing a thought;
- search filter: search for the text entered on the direct project description has been added;
- small change: option Save To renamed to Backup.
This version also includes all modules we have released up to today since the membership scheme started (for more details, please see the Release Notes under Software / Documentation or click here).
For members, new modules will become available soon.
- once you have opened a data file with the new version, you will NOT be able to open that file with a previous version;
- please check regularly for modules updates (under Tools/Options menu, Plug-ins - Reload catalog button) in the next few weeks as eventual bug fixes will be released that way.
The TR team is very grateful to:
- Ludovic Le Gal for his reviews on the French translation and his help on testing this new version;
- Andreas Weigand, Wolfram and Stefan Klatte for the German translation.
To upgrade from 2.0.1
Download TR 2.2.1, install it. Then start TR, use the File menu, Open option to select your existing data file and everything should be as before with nicer screens layout and a few extra functionality.
Settings to be done
Internationalisation: choose your language settings under the Language settings (Mac Preferences/Miscellaneous/Language Tab; Windows and Linux Tools/Miscellaneous/Language Tab). Default is set to English (UK).
- select which type of actions and how you would like them to be presented in your calendar: as Events or as To do tasks. Go under the Calendar settings (Mac Preferences/Miscellaneous/Calendar Tab; Windows and Linux Tools/Miscellaneous/Calendar Tab);
- priority now exported for To do tasks but you need to enter the mapping between the TR priority values and the iCal values in the Criteria screen for the priority criterion - see the help on the Criteria screen for more information;
- Google calendar does not have to do tasks;
- we had problem importing TR iCal file into Outlook during our testing but one of our members has already reported that he was able to import his .ics file into Outlook without problems.
We have tested the iCal functionality using the iCal application on Mac and Google Calendar only. Please let us know if you have problems when using other Calendar applications.