I appreciate the possibility to add start and due dates to actions and projects in the new versions of TR.
However, in my opinion the usability of the calendar pop-up used to enter dates is very limited.
advantage: you can select "friday next week" without knowing the exact date
- quite slow, especially if you have to browse to another month
(for example when you're in the last week of a month, you even have to switch to the next month to reach dates some days in the future.)
is therefore an alternative to this calendar:
- a plain text field
where you can enter dates as "13.06.2007".
I admit that differing international conventions about that might create some problems and it would be very nice if this text field would be intelligent
enough to autocomplete
- 13.6 or 13.06. -> 13.06.2007
- "Friday" -> 15.06.2007
- "Monday next week" -> 18.06.2007
MS Outlook has such features and I think they are a great boost for productivity.
However, I know that this might be tricky - I hope you'll consider it as a feature for future versions.
The minimal version
from my point of view would be:
- being able to display several months at the same time in the calendar plugin
- a simple text field below the calendar view which accepts the entry of at least "exact" dates as "23.04.2008" (without mouse actions in the calendar)
...for further improvements of productivity, the auto-completion of "fuzzy" information as possible in MS Outlook or in www.stikkit.org
would be very helpful.